We all love a good cup of somethin' warm when we find ourselves around a campfire. Whatever you choice is, I bet someone at the ring will want a big ol' cup of hot coco! So we have created the perfect hot coco campfire recipe! This takes minimal work and the more you prep, the better off you'll be. So save this one for later and tell us how it goes for you!
We suggest mixing the coco mix at home so you aren't bogged down with the chore in the woods, or on the road. Plus - less mess never hurt anybody.
Mix all dry ingredients at home
(you can store ingredients in air tight container until you plan to use)
- 1 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
Wet ingredients combine with at the campsite
- 16 cups of your choice of milk (you'll be using 1 cup per cup served)
Necessary items at campsite
- Fire or hot plate
- Sauce pan or camp coffee pot (we have coffee pots in store!)
1. When the time comes, you'll want to heat your choice of milk over fire or hot plate over low heat.
2. When the milks starts to heat up, add 2 tablespoons of coco mixture in your fave camp mug.
3. Top with 1 cup of warmed milk (and obviously some whipped cream and/or marshmallows!)
You can easily make single servings of this or a big batch. It's super easy to do and adds a bit of YUM to the dinner campfire.
If you want to really spice it up a bit, you can sugar or caramel the cup rims, add some coffee or a shot of your fave alcohol.